Get a great education
At Danish Crown, we employ many different apprentices, all of whom play an important role in our production and for our company.
Become an apprentice in Denmark
If you become an apprentice at Danish Crown in Denmark, you get:
- an apprenticeship manager you can learn from and who support you all the way
- an educational course at school combined with practical experience and sparring with us.
- allowed to use your hands and and a time-honoured craftsmanship that you can benefit from for the rest of your life
- maybe a job when you graduate. We employ the majority of our apprentices in Denmark after graduation, so we can continue to develop together
We start up new groups of apprentices in February and August every year and we open for applications approx. 3 months before.
See our open apprenticeships here.
In Denmark the education typically is a combination between school and internships in a broad basic course and a specialized main course. You must have 9 years of schooling or equivalent.
- All the good colleagues who listen, whether you have some tiring things on your mind, or you have a nice day where you can have a lot of fun - while working, of course. It is not at all a workplace where you just do your own thing and go home again. I could not do that at all.
- This was the chance I got to show that I was ok, that I was good enough. I was allowed to show who I was and was accepted.
Helle recently finished her apprenticeship as a butcher in Herning, Denmark, where she is still employed.